Join us as Camerron Resener, Human Trafficking Training Coordinator by CO Dept of Public Safety discusses Human Trafficking.
Human Trafficking is a lucrative and thriving industry that takes place around the globe and right here in Colorado. The Colorado Human Trafficking Council (CHTC) was established through legislative action in 2014. As part of that legislation, the Colorado General assembly tasked the CHTC with the development of training standards and curricula on human trafficking for a wide range of sectors.
In 2016, the CHTC created its first training program: An Introduction to Human Trafficking in Colorado in Order to help establish a common language and understanding of human trafficking and its impact in Colorado. This interactive program is designed to provide participate foundational information on the topic rooted in the Colorado context.
The objectives are:
- The who, what, where and why of human trafficking
- Indictors of human trafficking
- the different types of trafficking that occurs in Colorado
- How to respond to potential victims
- How to develop a holistic community response and spread awareness